Selling a home in our current economy in the Charlottesville area has improved greatly. The once high level of unsold real estate inventory has dwindled to a more sustainable level relative to ready, willing and able Buyers. Some Charlottesville area neighborhoods actually have a distinct shortage of inventory. Consequently, the number of days on the market can be less than one week!! The real estate industry has historically been highly cyclical, however, 2018 should be remain a great time to sell a home.
Silvergate Realty can also offer you more than the traditional company. We have a service called Illuminate by Silvergate Realty, which is an in-house staging and redesign company. We know that the competition can be stiff, and the best way to rise above it is to have your home professionally staged. This can mean decluttering, reorganizing, depersonalizing, and rearranging your furniture, or we can stage a fully vacant home. Once your home is ready to list, we offer professional photography to make your home shine online!
What Can Silvergate Agents Offer to You?
Silvergate Realty has successfully listed and sold over 150 homes in the Charlottesville area since 2005. When selling a home with us, you can anticipate the following steps:
Prior to Listing
- Comparative Market Analysis (CMA): after an initial consultation and walk through of your home, the Agent will promptly return with a CMA. This powerful professional tool will illustrate the price at which your home will likely sell, given factors like neighboring homes, similarly sized units available for sale, your home’s overall condition, comparable sales within a 6-12 month period, and the cost of borrowed funds (lending rates, etc.).
- Staging and Making Repairs or Modifications: If there are needed repairs or maintenance issues with your home, the Agent will assemble, coordinate, and manage professional trades people through our staging branch, Illuminate by Silvergate Realty. Please click on the Illuminate tab to the left to learn more about what we have to offer.
- Professional Photography: Silvergate knows that 84% or more of buyers first see your home online, so we understand the importance of having professional photographs to make your home stand out from the competition. We have an in-house professional photographer we use for every listing.
- Listing your home: Once we agree on a good list price and your home is ready to be offered for sale, the Agent will engage a professional photographer to best illustrate your home’s features.
During the Listing:
- Showing your home: Now it’s time to show the buying public that you are prepared to sell your home. Your Silvergate agent will “list” your home on the Charlottesville Area Association of Realtors Multiple Listing Service (CAAR MLS). The public can search homes for sale on many websites, including http://www.caar.com. There are also third party sites, such as Zillow and Trulia where your home will be listed as well.
- Communication and Updates: Throughout the listing period, the Agent will continuously update the MLS information, while also getting the word out to other Realtors who represent Buyers. Further, we may hold a series of Public and Realtor Open Houses designed to increase awareness of your home. We will communicate with other agents regarding the feedback from showings, and regularly communicate with you as to the feedback we receive.
Through to Closing:
- Getting an offer: When we receive an offer from a Buyer to purchase your home, the Agent will conduct a professional contract presentation complete with an assessment of current market conditions which may be dissimilar to when your home was initially listed. With this knowledge in hand, both the Seller and the Agent will work to develop the best response to the Buyer’s offer.
- With you until the end: From the time we agree to the Buyer’s offer until settlement, the Agent will coordinate the following activities:
- ensure the Buyer is diligently pursuing his/her loan application, if applicable
- if the Buyer professionally inspects your home prior to settlement and there are requests for repairs, Silvergate Realty will negotiate on your behalf
- if you agree to perform repairs, Silvergate will coordinate and manage all work to be performed
- ensure all necessary documents are distributed to your Settlement Agent
- remind you to transfer all utilities